The National Collegiate Club Golf Association (NCCGA) is the governing body for non-varsity college club golf. There are more than 400 college golf club teams at universities and schools across the country. The NCCGA is divided into 28 regions across the country, and each region holds two or three tournaments each semester. Teams participate in an attempt to qualify for the NCCGA Nationals, held at the end of each semester
Host an NCCGA Tournament
Over 130 tournaments planned in 2019 for college students
What is the NCCGA?
- 2-Day weekend tournaments (Sat/Sun)
- 36-holes (18 each day)
- Typically Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning
- Team & Individual Stroke Play
- Teams bring 5-8 players, with Top 5 scores each day comprising the team score (all events are Co-ed)
- Tee time, split-tee, or shotgun depending on tournament size and seasonality
- Tournaments are walking (unless course is un-walkable)
- If un-walkable, the NCCGA staff works with the course to arrange shuttles or book golf carts for all tournament participants
- Cost varies depending on course, time of year, rack rate, and location
Spring Semester Tournaments
Fall Semester Tournaments
Interested in Hosting?
Benefits of Hosting an NCCGA Tournament
In addition to tournament green fees the weekend of the event, the NCCGA will set up a practice round rate with you to encourage players to visit your course in preparation. Players will also be purchasing food and beverage at the course.
Leading up to NCCGA Regional Tournaments, we promote the host courses through local and national social media accounts. Our national twitter account @NCCGA and instagram account @NCCGA promote the host golf courses to all of our national audience.
Running the Tournament
Volunteer Student Ambassador
- After the initial booking of the tournaments, all NCCGA events are supported by the full-time Nextgengolf staff as well as local volunteer student ambassadors.
- The student ambassador will be on-site and will work closely to help the golf course staff
The NCCGA Provides
- The NCCGA will provide the scoring software, scoreboards, and sponsored prizes.
The Course Provides
- The course will provide custom scorecards, space for scoring, wifi, staff support, and a welcoming environment for the participants.
- Staff support from the course is typically a starter and a ranger, to assist in on-time starts and monitoring pace of play.
- The NCCGA will seek out additional volunteers beyond the student brand ambassador, but having course staff support is critical to run a successful event.
“As the Director of Sales & Marketing I can tell quite a bit about an organization from the initial phone call. I can honestly say that everyone I dealt with from the NCCGA was courteous, professional and most importantly committed to growing the game of golf. It was a very enjoyable process. I hope the NCCGA continues to visit Harborside International and look forward to working with them again.”
Director of Sales and Marketing
Harborside International Golf Center (IL)
Head Golf Professional
Apple Valley Golf Club (CA)
“I can’t say enough about how enjoyable and easy it was/is to work with this group of golfers. From the beginning, I have been impressed with the club players from Iowa State and it is refreshing to know that the players from other schools are cut from the same cloth. We had no issues throughout the weekend as everything ran extremely smoothly.”
Veenker Memorial Golf Course (IA)